Cape Refractory Industries has a fully-fledged pre-casting department. With our Servco division being a steel service centre we are able to design and fabricate high-quality and dimensionally accurate steel moulds. Our inhouse dedicated refractory dry out furnace is the only such unit in the Western Cape, it is programmable making it possible to pre-program drying out cycles, it is also equipped with electronic data logging equipment which enables us to provide graphs of the drying out cycles which forms part of our quality control procedures. Examples of our pre casting can be viewed at - Precast & Fired Refractory Shapes
- Comprehensive administration pre, during and post contract work;
- Comprehensive Quality Assurance System;
- Site Quality Control;
- Installation of Anchoring Systems and Studs;
- Installation of Unshaped Refractory Products or Monolithics – Standard Castables, Plastics, Semi-plastic Rammables, Non-plastic Rammables – casting, gunning, ramming etc;
- Installation of Brick Linings and Precast Shapes &;
- Installation of Ceramic Fibre blanket and module linings
- Studwelding of metallic anchors, studs and shear studs
- Pump Casting
- Iron & steel
- Pulp & Paper;
- Cement & Lime;
- Non ferrous
- Heat Treatment
Recommendations and Design:
National Refractory Industries (Pty) Ltd is not a fully-fledged design company, but will assist with the design of and recommendations pertaining to general Refractory linings. We work closely with Refractory Consultants to assist with design requirements and recommendations for Refractory linings of a complicated nature.
- The API 936 Refractory Personnel certification is designed to identify candidates possessing the knowledge of API STD 936 Refractory Installation Quality Control Guidelines. These are guidelines for the installation quality control of monolithic refractory linings and may be used to supplement owner specifications.
- API 936 certification raises the bar of competence for qualified personnel, who must have knowledge of installation, inspection, testing and repair of refractory linings. It provides the industry with a prequalified set of individuals prepared for the job and readily identifies those who are qualified to do the job.